Love Your Zoo Campaign
Published: May 24, 2016The national Love Your Zoo campaign begins on Saturday 28th May, until Saturday 4th June.
The Love Your Zoo campaign is promoted by the British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums (BIAZA) The national Love Your Zoo campaign begins on Saturday 28th May, until Saturday 4th June.
The aim of the week is to encourage people to visit their local BIAZA zoos, to not only have a great day out with the family, but also learn just how much we do for conservation, education and research.
10 Reasons to Love Your Zoo
1. More than 25 million people visit BIAZA’s member organisations every year.
2. More than 1,200,000 people come to BIAZA member organisations each year on an organised educational visit.
3. BIAZA members participate in about 500 research projects every year, many of these measuring behaviour with the aim of improving animal welfare – you are helping us learn about helping wildlife.
4. BIAZA members participate in about 700 conservation projects every year.
5. BIAZA members contribute about £10m a year to field projects.
6. BIAZA members contribute about £645m to the national economy.
7. They create about 11,007 jobs.
8. By visiting zoos you are helping to safeguard the future of vulnerable, threatened and endangered species.
9. You can visit more than 2,000 different species of animal - 300 different species at Newquay Zoo!
10. By visiting your local zoo or aquarium you are doing a good thing by taking the time to appreciate our wildlife and hopefully being inspired to make a difference.
Throughout the week we will have special trails, talks and facepainting as well as our feed and talk sessions.