Kids Club 2018 - Terms and Conditions
Newquay Zoo Kids Club 2018 - Terms and Conditions
1. Sessions Dates/activities are subject to change due to the unpredictable nature of working in a zoo environment. Some activities are also weather dependent.
2. Groups Your child(ren) will be automatically placed into the correct group for their age. We cannot change these age limits.
3. Zoo rules Kid club children must obey the zoo rules that apply to all visitors: no feeding of the animals, no climbing safety barriers or entering staff only areas (unless permission is given and accompanied by a member of staff), no ball games (unless permission is given and accompanied by a member of staff), in the event of animal escape or fire to follow instructions given by zoo staff.
4. Supervision and behaviour You agree that your child will be under the supervision of Education Officers and that the child(ren) will respect and act upon the instructions of those staff and behave in an appropriate manner. We also expect parents/guardians to be polite and respectful to staff. Failing to do so would result in the child(ren) not being accepted onto (or removed from) the programme. Likewise, zoo staff will respond and behave in a professional and appropriate way.
5. Removal from the programme. In the unlikely event of consistent unruly behaviour and after two warnings have been given, children may be removed from the programme and no refund will be given.
6. Children must be collected at the end of the session by a parent/guardian. We will not release a child to anyone other than the parent/guardian unless you have informed us of alternative arrangements.
7. Payments The cost of kids club is £27 for all 3 sessions. By making payment you agree to us contacting you regarding your booking.
8. You will be entering working environments; from time to time things may happen beyond our control and we may need to change the programme at short notice.
9. Behind the scenes can be muddy and messy so please dress appropriately. Suitable clothing includes full length trousers and a lightweight coat in case of rain. For your safety closed toe shoes must be worn.
10. Health and Emergency Information Upon receipt of the booking confirmation email from Newquay zoo, you must fill out and return the health and emergency information that will be attached to the email. Failure to do so within the time limit provided may result in removal from the programme.
11. Cancellation policy We are unable to provide refunds, unless your child(ren) space can be refilled.
12. Absence Please notify us as soon as possible (01637 873342) if your child is unable to attend any of the sessions they are booked on. No refund will be given for non-attendance.
13. Health (i) In the case of an emergency you authorise the Duty manager (and zoo staff authorised by them) to give permission for any emergency medical treatment, including anaesthetic, as considered necessary by the medical authorities present, and for the zoo’s first aiders to administer first aid as appropriate.
14. Health (ii) You authorise designated staff to administer any medication your child is currently receiving.
15. Photography During Kids club we may take photographs and/or video footage which may be used for publicity or published by Newquay Zoo. There will be opportunity to sign an electronic form (typed) to give your consent.
16. Mobile phones Although children may bring mobile phones with them, they are for emergency use only. They should be set to silent and should not be used during the kid’s club.
17. Personal property We take no responsibility for valuables or other items your child brings with them. We strongly recommend they do not wear jewellery or bring valuable items such as tablets.
18. Food Children may not eat snacks during Kids club unless linked to a health condition, or staff have told parents about an activity being carried out.
19. Toilet We expect children to be able to go to the toilet by themselves and ask when they need to go to the toilet. Staff will only assist a child in a toilet situation if absolutely necessary.
20. Staff will behave in an appropriate way when dealing with children and are subject to the normal disciplinary procedures for all staff at Newquay Zoo. One staff member will be assigned to each group and other support staff/volunteers will be on hand.
21. Additional needs Our Kids clubs are open to all. We do not, however, have the resources to provide extra supervision and/or support for individuals with additional needs. A carer is permitted to accompany a child with additional support needs free of charge. Please contact us before booking if this is the case.
22. Complaints Should any issue arise that would cause you to complain this should be addressed to [email protected]
23. Agreement by completing the booking process, you agree to all of the terms and conditions as described.
Please note that we reserve the right to vary the terms and conditions above, with prior notice.
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW!
If you'd like to stay informed of new products, events and special offers then please join our mailing lists.