We’ve worked hard to ensure that Newquay Zoo is a safe place to visit and have put the following measures in place for your safety.
Please don’t visit us if you, or a member of your household, are showing symptoms of coronavirus.
ticketing and entry
We will be limiting the number of guests per day, including Annual Pass holders and anyone who has a complimentary ticket. Entry will be permitted in half-hour slots through the day (this refers to your arrival time, not the length of your visit).
If you are buying new tickets or are an Annual Pass holder, you will be able to pre-book your day tickets/time slot here very soon. You can only book up to two weeks in advance.
We have suspended all day ticket bookings and they will go live again soon.
If you have a complimentary ticket or an existing pre-paid ticket, please call 01637 873342 to book your time slot.
Newquay Zoo will be open from 10am to 5pm daily.
Please note that the first two days, Monday 29th and Tuesday 30th June, will be for Annual Pass holders only, before we open to the general public on Wednesday 1st July.
annual pass extensions
If you had a valid Annual Pass on 23rd March 2020, it will re-start when the zoo re-opens. This means that the time that you have left on your Annual Pass will automatically be carried over from when we re-open.
We were closed for 105 days. If your Annual Pass did not expire while we are closed, then your Annual Pass will be extended for 105 days.
If your Annual Pass expired over the duration of us being closed, then it will be extended for the amount of days from 23rd March 2020 that your Pass was valid until; for example, if your Pass expired on 19th April 2020, you will have the days from 23rd March to 19th April 2020 added on to your Pass from when we re-open.
The following measures have been put in place to ensure your safety:
- Protective screening at contact points. This includes the admission desks, reception, food outlets and shop
- Card payments are preferred
- Floor markings around the site including in Café lemur and the shop
- Hand sanitiser points around the zoo
- Regular cleaning will be carried out around the zoo
- Signage around the zoo to remind guests and staff of social distancing and handwashing guidelines
- Suggested one-way routes and lane markings around the site. All are fully accessible for wheelchairs
- All indoor exhibits remain closed
- Outdoor play areas remain closed
- No feeding times or keepers talks to prevent gathering of crowds
- No face painting
- Café Lemur will only be offering a takeaway service only. Other food outlets will be open around the zoo. Floor markings will be in place to manage queueing. Please click here for more information.
Some cubicles and sinks are closed to support social distancing so there may be a bit of a wait.
Please be respectful of others whilst using and waiting for use of the facilities.
We will still have First Aiders on site to be there in case anyone needs them. Please be assured that their safety whilst carrying out this vital service has been thoroughly thought through and planned.
They have all received extra training in how to deliver First Aid but maintain social distancing. When and where it is possible to do so, they will provide advice/instruction to the injured person or a member of their household to assist. Where that is not possible, they will have the appropriate PPE and will keep the time with the injured person to an absolute minimum.
We are very sorry, but animal experiences are currently suspended. Booking will resume when Government guidelines allow. If you have a voucher for an experience, we will contact you when we are able to resume them.
We would like to thank everyone for their ongoing support and understanding over the past few months.
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW!
If you'd like to stay informed of new products, events and special offers then please join our mailing lists.