We’re excited to be able to welcome educational and school groups to visit our wonderful animals again!
To keep students and visitors safe, we have changed the way we handle educational group bookings.
- We will only be accepting educational bubbles from one school to visit the zoo per day for the time being.
- Each group will be given a short welcome and briefing with important instructions – this is delivered outdoors, allowing us to maintain social distance, and includes updates on recent zoo animal news!
- Pupils under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Please make sure that your educational bubble keeps a social distance of at least 2m from other guests – some of whom feel vulnerable. We have implemented one way systems on some narrow paths, and closed a few very confined spaces, to help with this.
- We can offer a lunch/break-out room for one educational bubble per day, free-of-charge, in case of bad weather – this will be in the Bird Hide. This area is located near the front entrance to the zoo and is within easy access to the toilets.
- NEW! One of our Education team will meet you to talk to pupils and answer any questions either during your visit, or as a video call to your classroom at a later date.
We cannot offer our popular education sessions at the moment – but you can book a virtual session if you would like a curriculum-linked workshop.
We have prepared new guidance on how to prepare a risk assessment for your visit, which is available on request.