Newquay Zoo remains closed during the global coronavirus pandemic.
We would like to thank everyone for the support they have given us while we have been closed – making financial donations, purchasing annual passes and tickets for when we re-open, and of course all the people who running fundraising campaigns on our behalf.
What will happen to my annual pass?
We are incredibly grateful for the continued support we receive from our Annual Pass holders. We have paused all Annual Passes, and they will re-start when the zoo reopens. This means that the time that you have left on your Annual Pass will be carried over when we re-open. For example, if we are closed for two months and you had two months remaining then your Annual Pass will be extended for two months and so on.
What will happen to my pre-paid ticket?
All of these tickets will be extended by the amount of time that we have to remain closed, from when we re-open.
I have an animal experience booked, what will happen to my booking?
If you have a pre-booked animal experience, regrettably it will not be able to take place for the foreseeable future. In this instance a member of our Experiences team will get in touch with you directly to re-arrange. If you have paid for an experience or have a gift voucher and do not yet have a confirmed date, then please do not contact us until we re-open.
Can we make a donation? How can we support you?
As a charity, we rely on the support of our visitors to enable us to continue with the care of our animals. While the gates are closed we have no income, but we still have to care for our animals.
We would be incredibly grateful for any support you can offer during this uncertain time. Here are some of the best ways you can support us:
- Donations of food for the animals. Root vegetables and greens are perfect. Please no fruit, as surprisingly not many of our animals eat it as the sugar content is often too high. And definitely no meat or fish.
Food donations can be left at Newquay Zoo between 9am and 4pm. Please drop them by the solid metal gates near to the car park pay machines. To make sure that we all stay safe and to comply with social distancing guidance we won’t accept donations personally but we will pop out from time to time to check if there is anything there. We would also ask that you drop anything off whilst taking your daily exercise and don’t make specific journeys or drive unnecessarily to the zoo.
- Donate via our fundraising page at Virgin Money Giving. Any amount would be wonderful and would help us to buy not only the fresh food but also the foods that we need from specialist suppliers for the more unusual diets.
- Fresh Point, who supply us with all our fresh foods, has said that if people want to give money towards feeding the animals, then they will accept contributions that they will credit to our account.
- Buy an Annual Pass. An Annual Pass allow you free entry for 12 months along with a host of other benefits. If you purchase an Annual Pass while we are closed, it will be valid for 12 months from the date that the zoo re-opens.
- Adopt an animal. Animal adoptions are great way to show your support. If you adopt an animal while we are closed, we will not be able to send your adoption pack out to you until we re-open but your money will make a huge difference to us.
Will the animals be looked after?
Rest assured, our amazing keeper teams will continue to care for all our animals whilst we are closed.
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW!
If you'd like to stay informed of new products, events and special offers then please join our mailing lists.